Discover YOUR Options for Holistic Wellness!
CHEO of Greater Knoxville Area
Acknowledges the inseparability of mind, body & spirit as essential in achieving and maintaining optimal wellness, and in the innate potential of each individual.
We encourage everyone to become informed & participating partners with their health care providers in all aspects of their wellness.
We respect cultural, religious & spiritual diversity and value all individuals and their unique journey to wholeness.
We trust in the innate potential of the body to heal & it is our intent to work in harmony with this timeless & universal knowledge.
Scientific research and Quantum Physics have demonstrated that consciousness and focused intention have measurable effects on matter, energy & living systems validating may holistic practices previously considered mystical or paranormal.
Holistic Wellness encompasses six interdependent aspects of an individual’s existence: Physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual & environmental. An imbalance in even one aspect will affect the balance and function of all other aspects.
We are dedicated to increasing awareness and knowledge about complementary, integrative, holistic and natural wellness care practices in our community.
We provide a supportive network for Practitioners and Individuals interested in holistic modalities and approaches to wellness.
We host one Informational Program every month (except for July and December) at 6:30pm for a Meet & Greet with the Program beginning at 7pm featuring local Holistic/Integrative practitioners.
We encourage everyone to become informed and participating partners with their health care providers in all aspects of their wellness.
We respect cultural, religious and spiritual diversity and value all individuals and their unique journey to wholeness.
We trust in the innate potential of the body to heal and it is our intent to work in harmony with this timeless and universal knowledge.
CHEO of Greater Knoxville Area’s purpose is offering information about natural, holistic and complementary wellness modalities.
All information provided in CHEO of Greater Knoxville Area’s annual Holistic Resource Directory, on our website, in the free e-newsletter and at monthly programs is provided as service to the public and does not constitute endorsement of any product, service or practitioner. Nor does it constitute medical advice, diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition, and is not intended to replace the patient/physician relationship or a physician’s professional judgment
Are you a Health Professional, a Holistic Practitioner or simply an advocate for achieving wellness more naturally?
We invite you to JOIN this lively network of advocates discovering their natural options for wellness – at any level: from a Supporting Member to a Business or Practitioner Member.
… are the heartbeat of CHEO!
A sincere Thank You to all our volunteers for their commitment and all that they do to make possible raising awareness and knowledge about Complementary and Holistic Wellness Options in our Knoxville area communities.
Holistic Wellness Modalities are divided into five general categories
- Complementary holistic systems based on various Eastern traditions, including Acupuncture, Acupressure and ayurveda
- Mind-body therapies employing meditation, hypnotherapy and similar modalities to enhance the ability and capacity of the mind and intention to influence bodily functions.
- Biologically-based therapies using natural substance including herbs, homeopathic formulations, vitamins and minerals to maintain and or restore well-being and homeostasis.
- Manipulative therapies, including Chiropractic, Myoskeletal Alignment, and a wide variety of massage modalities in order to adjust physical misalignments, and reduce physical and or emotional stress.
- Energy therapies such as Healing Touch®, Reiki, various light, sound and vibration therapies are useful to channel and enhance circulation of “life force” energy. Disciplines such as Yoga and Tai Chi combine breath, focused intention and mindful movement to facilitate alignment and conditioning of body, mind.